The infamous VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Datacenter Administration (VCAP-DCA) exam is a live environment that tests a lengthy amount of objectives. If you’ve read through the blueprint, it can appear a bit daunting at first blush. Back when I was studying for the VCAP4-DCA, I decided it would be best to create a study sheet to keep tabs on my work on each objective and correlate it to a time table (such as 8 weeks). This allowed me to better allocate my time while also ensuring that each objective was hit to my satisfaction.
Click either button below to download the appropriate version of the VCAP5-DCA exam study sheet. Note that exam code “VDCA510” was released as of vSphere 5.0 and exam code “VDCA550” released as of vSphere 5.5.
[symple_button url=”https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1648983/StudySheets/VCAP5_DCA_Study%20Sheet_Fillable.pdf” color=”blue” size=”large” border_radius=”5px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]VCAP5-DCA 5.0 Study Sheet (VDCA510)[/symple_button]
[symple_button url=”https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1648983/StudySheets/VCAP5_5_DCA_Study%20Sheet_Fillable.pdf” color=”green” size=”large” border_radius=”5px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]VCAP5-DCA 5.5 Study Sheet (VDCA550)[/symple_button]
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Note: This is simply a guide to help you study; all contents are provided by VMware from their public exam blueprints.[/symple_box]
August 17, 2014
- Updated VCAP5-DCA 5.0 sheet to exam blueprint 2.9 (released March 11, 2014)
- Added [symple_highlight color=”red”]NEW[/symple_highlight] VCAP5-DCA 5.5 sheet based on exam blueprint 3.2 (released May 01, 2014)
July 02, 2012
- Updated for the VCAP5-DCA, the new Study Sheet includes all of the latest objectives from blueprint version 1.4
- It’s now a savable PDF file, with live check boxes for continued studying
- Includes active links to all of the tools and resources you’ll need for each objective
- Fancier graphics and styling thanks to @jenwahl
The sheet is broken down by section and objective. Next to each objective are four boxes:
- Read – The objective has been researched and related material has been read over.
- Lab – The goal of the objective has been reproduced in a lab environment.
- CLI – Used to denote when an objective has been completed or researched for the CLI command, when applicable.
- GUI – Used to denote when an objective has been completed or researched for the GUI, when applicable.
I’ve created a brief video that demonstrates the Study Sheet in a bit more detail. As always, please make sure to let me know if the video was helpful with a Like or Share, and support my video efforts with your Subscription!
Valuable Study Guide Links
If you’ve created a study guide that is available to the public, and want to include a link to my study sheet, please let me know and I’ll add your study guide to the list below.
- vExperienced VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @egrigson
- The Saffa Geek VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @GreggRobertson5
- VirtualLanger VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @jaslanger
- ValCo Labs VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @joshcoen
- The Foglite VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @thefoglite
- Adventures in a Virtual World VCAP5-DCA Study Guide – by @paulgrevink
- Working on the VCAP4-DCA? Sean Crookston has a great Study Guide for that