I recently stumbled upon a combination of an intriguing tech discussion melded with a fantastic giveaway. vExperts David “Hello and welcome to TrainSignal” Davis and “Other” Scott Lowe have outdone themselves this time with a hot webinar topic entitled “VSAN, Hyperconvergence & the Data Center of the Future” and a prize for our inner nerds: a Star Wars LEGO Death Star.
According to Davis and Lowe:
Even while in beta, VSAN has become an overnight sensation thanks to its promise to eliminate the SAN from the data center. But, VSAN is hardly a silver bullet when compared to offerings from Nutanix, SimpliVity, and Scale Computing. This free webinar is a must for CIOs, Virtualization Administrators, Storage Admins & IT operations managers.
While some vendor solutions will be discussed, this is an unsponsored, vendor-agnostic webinar which should lead to some franker discussion.
The webinar will be held live on January 30th, 2014 – 2:00pm – 3:00pm EST. Make sure to pop on over to the Hyperconvergence Webinar registration link, and everyone who registers is automatically entered for the Death Star drawing. Neato!
The webinar promises to meet the following agenda:
- Why is VSAN a radical paradigm shift for the future of the data center?
- How does VSAN validate the burgeoning hyperconverged market space created by Nutanix, SimpliVity, and Scale?
- How do VSAN and hyperconverged infrastructure options help transform IT’s role from simply “keeping the lights on” to true business partner?
- How should CIOs and CFO’s evaluate VSAN and hyperconverged products as a part of their business and IT strategy?
- Why is my current data center a money pit?