For many years now, Eric Siebert over at vSphere-Land has held a top blog voting survey to allow the community to voice their opinion on which blogs offer the highest quality content, solid post length and frequency, and have stuck around for the long haul. His latest survey results are officially in, and Wahl Network has bumped up a few slots from number 12 in 2013 to number 8 in 2014 while holding on to the Favorite Independent Blogger position for a 2nd year in a row. I think that’s pretty neat!
I took a strong “hands off” approach to the voting this year, hoping that the best way I could compel a vote was to simply provide frequent content with high quality, and apparently that works. 😉
To start – thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out Eric’s survey and ranked me anywhere on your vote. I genuinely enjoy writing for this site for many reasons, and breaking into the top 10 blogs is certainly one heck of a way to receive positive feedback. Huge kudos to Mr. Siebert for taking the time to put together the survey, find the cheaters, and publish the results – he’s a snazzy guy.
As a treat to those who read this site, here are some statistics around the votes for Wahl Network:
- This blog received 297 total votes (up from 173 last year), earning 2011 points (up from 1173 last year).
- Based on the way points work, Wahl Network averaged at the #3 – #4 spot by voters.
- 62 votes ranked the site as their #1 pick (up from 39 last year), which is the second highest on the survey.
- 143 voters chose Wahl Network as their Favorite Independent Blogger.
Pebble Smart Watch Giveaway
Thanks to Veeam and vSphere-Land, several random top blogs were given a prize to share as we see fit. I was one of those chosen, and I have a Pebble Smart Watch to pass along to one lucky reader. So, here’s how it’s going to work:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner: Pebble Smart Watch
Two (2) Runner Up Winners: Signed copy of Networking for VMware Administrators + Wahl Network Swag Bag
How To Qualify
I’ve made it super simple to enter. Do one of the following actions:
- Share an article from Wahl Network on Twitter
- Share an article from Wahl Network on Google+
- Share a Wahl Network YouTube video on Twitter
- Share a Wahl Network YouTube video on Google+
I have automated services tracking your shares, so there’s no need to use a special hashtag or provide proof in the comments. 🙂
Each article or video you share is counted as an entry, allowing you to share to your heart’s content. For example, sharing two articles and one video will count as three entries.
The giveaway ends at Midnight Central Time on April 14th 2014.
The winners will be contacted by no later than April 21st 2014.
Both prize types will ship anywhere in the world that is legally allowed. International folks, rejoice! 😀
[symple_box color=”yellow” text_align=”left” width=”100%” float=”none”]Congrats to the winners!
- Grand Prize – Rob C.
- Runner Up #1 – Aaron L.
- Runner Up #2 – Alexandre A.[/symple_box]